Patient 1: YS, 13 year old male. Mother was concerned about his eyesight deteriorating year after year. Just recently got new glasses which were much stronger than his old ones.
- Needs -2.75 in both eyes to see 20/20 but other testing reveals that he should be capable of seeing 20/20 with significantly less power
- Has a focusing spasm in both eyes causing additional blurring
- Has convergence insufficiency (difficulty pulling the eyes together as a team)
After 22 sessions of vision therapy:
- Convergence skills significantly improved
- Spasm completely dissipated in both eyes
- Now able to see 20/20 with -1.50 in the right eye, and -2.00 in the left eye. New glasses were prescribed in the lower power.
Patient 2: AJ, 15 year old male. Referred to us by his doctor due to his rapidly worsening eyesight.
- Right eye prescription was -10.250.75x165
- Left eye was -9.501.25x170
- Autofocus skills were very deficient-poor range and flexibility
After 27 sessions of vision therapy:
- Right eye prescription drops to -9.75-0.75x165
- Left eye down to -9.251.25x170
- Autofocusing skills completely normalized.
- For the first time in 9 years he has gone for a whole year without his eyesight worsening.
Patient 3: KM, 10 year old male. Was recently diagnosed with myopia at -1.25 in both eyes. Mother wanted to see if we could help reverse it.
- Eyesight without glasses: 20/50 in both eyes
- Focus relaxation at 60% of normal
- Has focusing spasm in both eyes
- Found that he could see 20/20 with -0.50 in the right eye and -0.75 in the left eye
- Gave a prescription of -0.50 for both eyes instead of the -1.25 glasses
After 16 vision therapy visits:
- Eyesight without glasses: 20/25
- Patient reports much less reliance on glasses and better clarity in class
- Focusing spasm has dissipated in both eyes
- Focusing flexibility completely normalized.