The visual skills that must be learned for proper visual performance include:
1. 20/20 vision: the brain must be able to discern fine detail in order to see 20/20 size letters at a distance of 20 feet. Nearly everyone is familiar with this skill.
2. Eye Focusing: your eye has its own autofocus mechanism similar to cameras which is accomplished by a muscle called the ciliary muscle.
3. Visual Tracking: your eyes must be able to accurately move from point A to point B as well as smoothly follow a moving target.
4. Eye Teaming: the ability to keep the eyes aligned on target at all distances automatically and effortlessly.
5. Eye-Hand-Coordination: the ability to coordinate your body movements in conjunction with where you are looking, important for spatial awareness and sports.
Vision Therapy is designed to improve and remediate these visual skills!
Vision therapy uses a variety of different tools such as binocular scopes, polarized 3D stereo targets, lenses, prisms, and computer training programs to provide feedback to the patient on whether their eyes are correctly aligned or in focus under various conditions. In so doing, we can manipulate and improve any of the deficient visual skills so that visual performance is
For more information on how vision therapy addresses each of the following concerns, please click below:
Treating Reading Difficulties
Eye Turns/Lazy Eye
Sensory Processing Disorders
DEDICATION to SERVE: This business exists in order to improve the quality of life of our patients whose vision impedes their capacity to function successfully in all areas of life.
KNOWLEDGE: We do our very best to stay on top of the knowledge base required to help our patients. If we cannot help, we will let our patients know.
INTEGRITY: We live and operate by the highest of moral standards.
TEAMWORK: We work with other professionals to help us serve our patients.
EDUCATION: We believe that continuous education allows us to develop the best treatment options to our patients.
PROCESSES: We believe that by having the optimum processes in place we can deliver the best results to our clients with the highest efficiency.
VALUE: We believe in delivering results to our patients at a rate that they can afford.
INDIVIDUAL: Every patient is different and we individually tailor our programs to best suit our patients’ needs.